Here's everything you need to know to setup your new Place account as a tenant! Links will take you to other pages within our Help Center.
1.) Sign up!
First go to placepay.com your browser and click "Sign Up" in the upper right hand corner.
- Use your legal first and last name- make sure it matches what information your landlord has!
- Add a valid email address you check regularly
- Select a password
- Enter your access code (if applicable). If you don't know what we're talking about, skip it!
2.) Enter your address!
- Enter the address you are paying rent for, including your unit or apartment number. MUST be a U.S. Address
- Double check the spelling of the street name and city, and your zip code. This information is key! Your landlord won't know its a rent payment without the correct rental address.
- If you receive a 'Your address wasn't found' or was invalid, please follow the troubleshoot instructions here.
3.) Enter your rent amount & select your rent due date!
NOTE: this may not be asked of you if your landlord has already entered the amount due and due date on their side.
- Input the amount dictated in your lease
- Select the first date your landlord expects your rent to be sent in.
4.) Add a payment method!
You will be given the option to add a bank account or a debit/credit card.
- Add your bank account! Please be aware it takes 1-2 business days to receive the micro-deposits necessary to verify your bank account.
IMPORTANT: Any payment made with a bank account cannot be processed until your bank account has been verified.
- Add a credit or debit card to pay instantly!